To help preserve the quality of healthcare products such as vaccines and perishable food and flowers, Better Sense has been innovating on Cold Chain logistics solutions. What’s important is an industry-wide collaboration, including producers, retailers, distributors, cargo companies, and QA specialists. Better Sense’s contribution is on sensor device design, cloud tracking, and system integration.
Better Sense’s smart cold chain system tracks the temperature exposure of products such as food and flowers from farm to shelf, based on IoT paradigm, and enhanced by AI for quality forecast and Blockchain(Hyperledger) technology for traceability.
- Temperature monitoring range and interval configuration (MVP)
- Measurement Graph (MVP)
- Alert Summary in terms of out-of-range time and accumulated ‘degree-hours’ (MVP)
- AI QC Assistant on shelf-life impact forecast
- Route Map showing sensor tracking status and alerts
- Blockchain Traceability of measurement and process for auditing
We have released a minimal viable product (MVP), running in a pilot project with an international perishable food and flower distributor, who connects the farmers in Africa with some major supermarket chains in Europe.